Professional and academic qualifications

You may need to get your professional qualification recognised if you want to work in a profession that is regulated in Spain.

Read guidance on:

   recognition of professional qualifications

   how to get your qualification recognised in Spain

Recognition and legalisation of UK academic documents

If you need your UK academic qualification officially recognised in Spain, follow the Spanish Ministry of Education’s guidance (in Spanish).

Your degree certificate or other documents need to be certified by a UK notary public and then legalised by the FCDO Legalisation Office. This legalisation service is not provided by the British Embassy in Madrid, UK consulates in Spain, or the British Council in Spain.

Read guidance on getting your UK degree qualification certified and legalised in the UK.

If you were living in Spain before 1 January 2021

If the relevant regulator in Spain officially recognised your professional qualification before 1 January 2021, or you started the recognition process by this date, make sure you understand the terms of your decision. You should get advice from the relevant regulator.

Skip to content