UK benefits

Read our guidance on entitlement to UK benefits and pensions while you are living in Spain.

Check which benefits you can claim while abroad and how to claim them.

Many income-related benefits such as Pension Credit and Housing Benefit cannot be paid if you’re abroad for more than 4 weeks.

Spanish benefits

You may be entitled to Spanish benefits. To find out if you are entitled to Spanish benefits and how to claim, you can:

   speak to a social worker (trabajador social) at your local town hall (ayuntamiento) (in Spanish)

   read the guidance from the Spanish Ministry of Social Rights

   read the guidance from the Institute for Senior Citizens and Social Services (IMSERSO) or contact the Institute for more information

   read the Spanish government guidance on social security benefits for workers

Skip to content