Read our guidance on healthcare in Spain and make sure you are correctly registered for your circumstances.

If you are resident in Spain, you must not use your UK-issued EHIC or GHIC for healthcare in Spain, unless you are a student or a detached (posted) worker.

Travel insurance is also not intended to cover healthcare costs if you live overseas.

Read the Spanish government’s guidance on access to healthcare.

You should also read our guidance on:

   finding an English-speaking doctor in Spain

   travelling with medicines

Skip to content