Read guidance on entitlement to UK benefits and pensions while you are living in Spain.

Read State Pension guidance if you have lived in Australia, Canada or New Zealand and you are claiming or waiting to claim your UK State Pension.

If you retire in Spain, you can claim:

   your UK State Pension or new UK State Pension. Contact the International Pension Centre for further information

   pensions if you’ve worked in other EU countries

Read the Money and Pension Service’s MoneyHelper guidance on pension and retirement for more information on cross-border pensions.

Life Certificates for UK State Pensions

If you get a ‘life certificate’ from the UK Pension Service, you must respond as soon as possible. Your payments may be suspended if you do not.

Skip to content